Friday, April 25, 2008

Green Zambia

Apologies, to regular visitors to this site, for my extended absence recently.

We left a very green Zambia on 9th April. I took these photos from the plane window:




The surface water will now begin to disappear and the dense vegetation, to die back, as the dry season takes hold. There will be no more rain in Zambia until November by which time these views will be very dry and brown.

In contrast, when we arrived in Cape Town I walked round a nearby lake, which had shrunk in our absence. I hope you can see where the waterline used to be...


Cape Town has winter rains, so during the next few months this lake will refill back to its previous level.

On a different topic, but not unrelated to the Zambian wet season, I took this photo as we were driving along the highway recently:

Can you see the butterfly?

No comments: