Saturday, March 1, 2008

Zambian Cuisine

Here is my first attempt at using the bread maker:


Unfortunately there was a power cut towards the end of the cooking time, cancelling the programme. This caused the uncooked loaf to collapse, so I finished it off in the oven!

Novel, I know, but remarkably effective - it tasted delicious!

So did this village chicken, which someone very kindly brought us to try:

It just goes to prove that looks can be deceiving - you can't judge a chicken by it skin, or a loaf by its crust!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Lynda! My name is Nicole Willson and I am a contributor to Recipes Wiki. I came across your blog while googling for Zambian cuisine.

Thanks for sharing your adventures in Zambian cooking with the blogosphere.

I am learning first hand that there isn't that much information about Zambian cuisine online -- even on Wikipedia. Right now, I'm trying to edit a page on Recipes Wiki (an online cookbook and food encyclopedia that anyone can edit) about Zambian Cuisine . I was wondering if you could please take a look at it for me and let me know if anything is missing. In particular, I'm trying to figure out what the most popular Zambian dishes are. I found out some information about Nshima, but can't find much else.

Thanks for reading this message. I hope that your time in Zambia is going well.